Over the last few months we've enjoyed cooking up sweet and savory popcorn recipes such as Pot 'o Gold Popcorn and Eloté Popcorn. Now we're back with a celebration of the rebirth of summer. Here's our colorful and tasty Birthday Cake Popcorn recipe.
Watch the Video Recipe!
Here are the steps of the recipe in printed form:
Cinemark's Birthday Cake Popcorn Recipe
— 6 Cups Pack-a-Pop Popcorn
— 1 cup white chocolate chips
— 2 teaspoons canola oil
— 3 tablespoons funfetti cake mix
— ¼ cup sprinkles
You'll need one large bowl and one small bowl, a spatula, and a sheet pan.
Follow these steps:
1. Combine the white chocolate chips and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in short bursts.
2. Sir between bursts.
3. When melted, remove from microwave and stir in funfetti cake mix.
4. In a large bowl, fold the combined white chocolate, oil, and cake mix in with the popcorn.
5. After mixing, spread into a sheet pan.
6. Immediately add sprinkles so they will stick to the popcorn before the cake mixture cools.
Want to learn the history of movie popcorn?